Property Valuations For Tax Purposes – A Quick Guide

Are you concerned about how your property might affect Capital Gains Tax (CGT) or Inheritance Tax (IHT)?

Do you have questions about how they are calculated and whether you are exempt from paying them?

Our quick guide gives you the answers to some of the more common questions asked about Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax. We would always recommend you seek advice from a tax specialist and check the Government Website for the latest rules and rates.

PLEASE NOTE: All figures and information were correct at the time of publishing, but may be amended as rules and thresholds change

London Property Valuations for Tax Purposes

London Property Valuations for Tax

You or your client may need a property valuation for a number of reasons; IHT, ATED, and Capital Gains Tax. Many valuations are calculated at the point of sale or purchase, but property valuations for tax are calculated at the time of reporting. A RICS chartered surveyor should always carry out property valuations.

As RICS Registered Valuation Surveyors, our expert team assesses the value of any residential property in London on-site. All our valuations adhere to the Red Book standard, which is the professional standard set out by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). We do not conduct desktop valuations as these do not adhere to RICS Red Book standards.

Our Residential Property Valuations can be carried out across London. Our completely independent and impartial team of qualified surveyors will assess your property before sending you a valuation report.

If you or a client requires a property valuation for tax purposes, then please get in touch.


property valuations and tax quick guide